Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hmmm... Really?!

We spent most of last week in Dallas at a conference called Acts29 Bootcamp. It was VERY eye-opening and gave us more direction about church-planting. Anyways, even though the conference was great and maybe even life-changing, this blog isn't about that. Instead, it's about our garbage can. We left it outside while we were gone and a day after we came back it went missing. It's hard to believe that someone would steal a garbage can. Although, we DO live in Killeen and weird things like that ocassionally happen :) After searching down the street, I called the City of Killeen Utilities services. They told me in order to get a new one free of charge I would need to call the Police Department and file a claim for my missing/stolen trash can. I asked in a jokingly/polite manner if she was serious. She was. So, I called the Police Department and told them about my missing trash can. When I was telling Kevin about it he asked if I dialed 911. Hehe, that would have been funny! Anyways, the police officer was rather serious about the incident. He gathered all the known information (it was there one day and gone the next) and filed a claim against the City of Killeen for my missing trash can. A new one was delivered today right before the garbage man came :) It's kinda nice having a brand new, non-stinky trash can.

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is too funny!

ArmyforChrist said...

I didn't even think about what number you would have called to call the police. I probably would have called 911 cuz I wouldn't have a clue how to get a hold of the police, especially cuz I have no idea where our phone book is!!

Heather said...

that is funny and good! what is your new address. I would like to send you a Christmas card. I know that it is a little late, but hey why not!