Saturday, June 27, 2009

Life lately

Mikaela growing up WAY too fast!

Keira growing up EVEN faster!

She's definitely "too cool".

Reading.

First date with Daddy.
They saw the movie "Up" and loved it!


So, we have moved and are getting settled in Pearland, Texas (right outside of Houston). It's been a weird journey. We've realized we don't like being far away from family and friends. I feel kinda lost here. I like the city, but my heart aches for the familiar. I know this is going to be a hard, yet amazing year for us as we learn how to church plant. I'm excited and nervous and kind of naive about it all. Right now, as we wait for the rest of the team to join us, we're getting to know the Pearland-ers. We're learning about the city and meeting people everywhere we go... at least that's what we're suppose to be doing :) Fortunately, we have an AWESOME park right across the street from our neighborhood with a walking trail, playground, and splash pad. I've been able to meet moms there and on our cul-de-sac. But meeting people and asking them to hang out is hard for me! So, please pray for courage :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Do you remember Lissette (Zamora-maiden) from UMHB? She lived in Pearland & may still be there...I can't remember her new last name right now.