Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life Purpose

Over the past several months I've been trying to define my life purpose. I happen to be going through the book, Calm My Anxious Heart, by Linda Dillow with some friends. One of the chapters this week is about finding your life purpose. Hmmm... I had been trying to figure that out! The words of Betty Scott Stam (I'm not sure who she is or her story) JUMPED out and REALLY tugged my heart, so I'm claiming them...

"Lord,
I give up ALL my own plans
and purposes,
ALL my own desires
and hopes,
and accept Your will for my life.

I give myself,
my life,
my family,
my all utterly to You
to be Yours forever.

Fill me and seal me with Your Holy Spirit
Use me in Your best way,
send me anywhere,
work out Your whole will in my life
at ANY cost,
now and forever."

Every time I read those words, my heart starts pounding! This may or may not be my life purpose, but it's a start.

2 comments:

ArmyforChrist said...

Interesting that I had a conversation with Chris about my struggle with this very same thing on Monday! I love the words that you quoted. Thank you!

Dacia said...

2 things...
1. i know linda dillow! (she lived in colorado springs and was one of our speakers at the focus institute...also, i've had lunch with her...isn't she amazing?!) i love her and i love that book (and all her other books)
2. betty stam (is that the missionary?)...her great nephew (or some relation similar) was the missions pastor at our church in enid...now he's the headmaster at the christian school. i've heard she was an awesome woman too.

and also, i love that prayer of surrender.