Monday, September 15, 2008

ready to let go?

So, I've been thinking lately about going overseas and what that really entails. It means leaving A LOT behind. I honestly can't let myself really, deeply think about it because it makes my heart hurt and pound really hard. Yet, I want to write about it, so you could keep me and my little heart in prayer.

Family. Gosh, I love my extended family. I love, love, love them! I don't want to leave them. I don't want to take my kids away from their grandparents. Mikaela has such a close relationship with them. When she was a baby I prayed for a supernatural bond between them, and God answered that prayer completely. It's hard to picture life without them close by. And I can't imagine how hard this is on Kevin.

Friends. God has blessed us with some deep friendships. Our friends KNOW and LOVE us. It'll be hard for them to come visit. Australia is a long way away and expensive to get to!

Stuff. As silly as this may sound, it'll be hard leaving our belongings behind. I'm not really attached to any material thing we have, yet the thought of giving it all away makes me a little sad. Maybe it's just the memories behind the stuff. I don't know. God has definitely been refining me AND reminding me that NOTHING else matters apart from Him. Our stuff is just stuff. It'll burn one day. It's not important. More than anything, I think I'm reminding myself of that truth :)

Anways, I feel torn. I know we can't deny the call God has for us. We've tried and it left us feeling miserable. I know my God is bigger. I know I need to think Truth instead of feelings. Yet, this is stuff I need to sort through in my head and prepare for in my heart. Am I ready to let go? Yesterday I was. Today I'm not sure. I guess it's something only God can get me through! Thanks for listening :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Owens said...

Laura, it sounds like you are asking some great questions. YOu have legitimate fears and concerns and there is no shame in wondering what will happen to things and relationships as you go in the direction of the Lord's calling on your lives.

Breathe. Take it one day at a time, one moment at a time.

Praying for you guys. And excited for your future.

Jen said...

Australia? I wanted to be a missionary there (or Hawaii) when I was in high school. And we'd LOVE to visit you guys:)

Ricky Maxwell said...

Personal Career Solutions Helps Thousands Achieve Their Career Goals A Advanced Resume Service Sets Industry Standard In Professional Writing Resume Service Postgraduate diploma in Advertising and Marketing Communication No doubt the needs, desires and demands are ever-lasting and increasing day- by-day. But one thing which is not increasing that is monthly income. So, it becomes harder to satisfy all the desires with the income. Therefore, a large number of UK citizens are finding out their ways through which they can earn extra cash for the fulfillment of expenditures. So, they are looking for weekend jobs and are ready to move to any distant area. For searching various vacancies, people are checking out various local newspaper booths and watching advertisements in the TV channels to get suitable weekend jobs according to their liking. Before availing the best weekend job, the people should be well prepared in advance. The job should be according to their skill, capability and interest. The first of these things is self esteem! If you're able to with confidence answer questions regardless of whether your solution is wrong or right there can be a possibility the job interviewer will sweep aside the fact that you probably are not right and focus more on the fact that you are a solid person. A funny factor his that many interviewers who're requesting qtp interview questions are certainly not even going to work inside the very same field as you. There are tons of different locations people could work on in this industry so a lot of companies will only have one or two people focusing on a project tops. Because of this it is even more important that you are confident since you will be on the line and not your knowledge