Friday, September 5, 2008

Unspectaculars

I've been tagged to list 6 unspectacular things about myself from Dacia, a college friend was has been very dear to my heart. Here are the rules:1. Link to the person who tagged you 2. Mention the rules on your blog 3. List 6 unspectacular quirks 4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking to them on your post then commenting them to let them know "they're it!"

Okay, here goes...

1. I'm addicted to ice-cream. I have been all my life. I feel like I need a bowl each day. In order to gain more self-control with this issue, I have recently devised a plan. No sweets when Kevin is gone. I can only have them when he's home and when he scoops out the ice-cream for me. He's done well with limiting my addiction :)

2. I have NO skill in organization. Just about every closet... cabinet... drawer has not been organized (except for the kitchen, because my friend, Janice, came over and did it herself). I really don't like this about myself. I like things organized, yet the thought of actually trying to do it overwhelms me. Everything out in the open looks great and put-together, but it's a different story behind those closed doors. Oh, and I was a secretary for two years prior to becoming a SAHM :)

3. Sometimes I let Mikaela eat popcorn for breakfast.

4. I love flip-flops. I wear them ALL the time. It's a rarity to find me in normal shoes... other than when I'm jogging. My mom-in-law commented about my tanlined toes just the other day :)

5. I have a childish fear of ghosts... even though I KNOW they do NOT exist. It all started in elementary school and sometimes I just can't shake it off. Therefore, I do NOT watch ghost movies or even vampire movies.

6. Singing. I love to sing. I have a pretty voice, but I'm tone deaf. I seriously can't tell if I'm "on" or not. Yet, somehow, without any effort, I normally end up singing harmony. I don't really know how to do it... it just comes out as the harmony. So, if you ever hear me singing and think it sounds cool... don't be impressed... because more than likely I have no idea what I'm doing :)

Okay, now I tag...

Heather, my instant and life-long friend. She and her family are missionaries in Mexico. We love these guys so much. She's the type of mom I'm trying to become.
Mary, my soul friend. Her presence refreshes me. Her life reminds me to crawl into the arms of God.
Lindsey, my new friend. She and her husband work with the youth group at our church. She's witty and real. I know her younger siblings pretty well, so I feel like I know her from them :)
Kevin, my studly and godly husband. His passion for God is REAL and DEEP and CONTAGIOUS and sometimes it makes me nervous... all in a good way, of course ;) I can't imagine living life without him!
Rachel, my neighbor friend. I haved loved, loved, loved living near her. She brings much joy and makes me at ease living in Killeen.

2 comments:

ArmyforChrist said...

I love the new page layout! I want to change ours, but I usually work on it when Chris is gone in the evenings, and that hasn't happened in a month!! Daytime is my time for reading the blogs!!!! ;o) I'll try to post my unspectacular things soon!

Heather said...

hey girl i just realized that I never ended up honoring the tag...I will do it now.